Subject: Re: Article
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/11/2003 22:13:45
--7cm2iqirTL37Ot+N

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 09:47:54PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> No, it's not restricted to the LAN. If you can make the system send you
> a packet smaller than ETHER_MIN_LEN, and the system has a vulnerable driv=
er,
> the packet with the leaked data will be routed to your system.

But I would naively assume that a router operates a the IP level, and only
sees the IP payload. Hm... yes, I guess fast routers might just handle=20
the buffer around to the next interface out, only replacing MAC addresses,
hop count, and incrementally adjusting the IP checksum, in which case the
additional information won't be stopped.

Regards,
	-is

--=20
seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/