Subject: USB, ohci, uvm panic
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Runge <coto@core.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/10/2003 22:15:57
I tried the vid package and a private clone of it on
1.6 release and -current as of today (thats a software,
that grabs images from a webcam, based on Omnivisions OV511
chip, via ugen).

When it comes to read the data from the isochronous endpoint,
on -release nothing happens, the programm just hangs
and waits forever. This is not nice, but better than what
happens on -current.

On -current I get a panic dropping me right into ddb:

uvm_fault(0xc696b98c, 0x0, 0, 1) -> e

ohci_softintr(c050c000,c6bbbb38,c013a7cc,c050c000,0) at ohci_softintr+0x290
softintr_dispatch(1,c02f0010,30,10,10) at softintr_dispatch+0xb1
Xsoftnet() at Xsoftnet+0x47
--- interrupt ---
<snip>

Unfortunately I can't give you a better crashdump, as ddb's "sync"
command just gives another error, until the second or
third sync-command and in this case, the saved crashdump is
the "wrong" one.

--
Tom