Subject: Re: Article
To: Mihai Chelaru <kefren@netbastards.org>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/09/2003 09:00:11
Mihai Chelaru <kefren@netbastards.org>  wrote:
 > Anyone read this ?
 > http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,809353,00.asp?kc=EWTH102099TX1K0100487
 >
 > "The Linux, NetBSD and Microsoft Windows operating systems are known to
 > have vulnerable link layer implementations, and it is extremely likely
 > that other operating systems are also affected."
 >
 > Any official position regarding this ?

Don't know about an 'official position' but:

http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/JPLA-5BGP2H

We should have a group in charge of responding to this sort of
thing in a timely manner.  6 months without a response doesn't
seem compatible with the term 'timely' although I spose it's
possible that there was some error along the way somewhere which
resulted in our security team not being notified.