Subject: Re: Article
To: Mihai Chelaru <>
From: Herb Peyerl <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/09/2003 09:00:11
Mihai Chelaru <>  wrote:
 > Anyone read this ?
 > "The Linux, NetBSD and Microsoft Windows operating systems are known to
 > have vulnerable link layer implementations, and it is extremely likely
 > that other operating systems are also affected."
 > Any official position regarding this ?

Don't know about an 'official position' but:

We should have a group in charge of responding to this sort of
thing in a timely manner.  6 months without a response doesn't
seem compatible with the term 'timely' although I spose it's
possible that there was some error along the way somewhere which
resulted in our security team not being notified.