Subject: Re: Ctrl+Alt+Esc = db>
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Robert F. Schaefer <rschaefe@gcfn.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/2003 20:36:01
----- Original Message -----
From: "grant beattie" <grant@netbsd.org>
To: "Thomas Miller" <tmiller@flex.com>
Cc: <current-users@netbsd.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 6:36 PM

> ctrl-alt-esc is the magic three finger salute to drop into ddb, which
> is what you are seeing.
>
> It's not really crashing your machine ('continue' would let it keep
> going).

I ran into this `problem' myself when I built a PPPoE box for my brother.
Took me a fsck or two to figure out just what had happened-- it's not often
I need to hit the debugger under NetBSD!

It *might* be a good idea to build GENERIC with this removed, as GENERIC is
most likely to be used by the non-technically-inclined, but better minds
than I may have already considered that.

> :-)
>
> g.

Bob