Subject: Re: problems in the compilation of current
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/03/2003 12:06:38
Daniel Dias Gonçalves <> wrote:
> the following problem is occurring when compiling current:
> devel# make
> making sure the compat library is up to date...
> `libcompat.a' is up to date.
> making sure the kern library is up to date...
> `libkern.o' is up to date.
> ld -T ../../../../arch/i386/conf/kern.ldscript -Ttext c0100000 -e start -X -
> o netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o
> locore.o: In function `start':
> locore.o(.text+0x97): undefined reference to `cpu_info_primary'

See /usr/src/UPDATING:

        The i386mp branch has been merged.  To compile a kernel, users
        will need to add the option 'cpu* at mainbus?' to their
	configuration file.  Multiprocessor kernels will need
        ioapic*         at mainbus? apid ?
        options         MULTIPROCESSOR
        options         COM_MPLOCK

My guess is, you are missing those in your kernel config file.

-- -
         Multiarchitecture OS, no hype required.