Subject: Re: Why does this fix my problem?
To: Clarence <c5666305@hkstar.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/01/2003 23:53:40
Clarence <c5666305@hkstar.com> writes:

> I do think it is the irq assignment problem as you can see that all your
> tlp0, tlp1, tlp2, tlp3 using the same irq 25.  The irq assignment of
> Andrew's DFE-570TX is different.  The problem should be solved if you fix
> the irq assignment of your D-Link DFE-570TX quad Etherent Card.

That's not necessairly wrong. With five chips on the card, four of
them 21143's behind a 21152, the 21143's INTA lines should map to
INTA, INTB, INTC, and INTD on the card. The motherboard is free to
wire all four of those lines to the same interrupt pin... I don't know
enough about the 7500's PCI interrupt routing to have a sense for
whether that's right or not.

I don't think there should be much difference between the
shared-interrupt code in if_tlp_pci.c and the usual interrupt handling
on macppc; either way, tlp_intr() is going to get called for all four
devices every time one of them interrupts.

If you plug a different PCI device into that slot, does it also get
irq 25?

        - Nathan