Subject: USB to HP 6200c scanner
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: MAILER-DAEMON@mail.netbsd.org (by way of Sverre Froyen <sverre@viewmark.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/31/2002 19:15:11
Hi,

I'm trying to connect an HP 6200c scanner to my laptop. The laptop is running
current.  When I plug in the USB cable I get a uhci_timeout and the port is
disabled.

Some debugging shows that this code fragment (added in dev/usb/usb_subr.c)
succeeds

	/* Get the first 8 bytes of the device descriptor. */
	err = usbd_get_desc(dev, UDESC_DEVICE, 0, 8, dd);
	err = usbd_get_desc(dev, UDESC_DEVICE, 0, 8, dd);

whereas following fails with a timeout on the second (18 byte) usbd_get_desc
command

	/* Get the first 8 bytes of the device descriptor. */
	err = usbd_get_desc(dev, UDESC_DEVICE, 0, 8, dd);
	err = usbd_get_desc(dev, UDESC_DEVICE, 0, 18, dd);

Adding another 18 byte usbd_get_desc command succeeds, yet another times out,
etc.

I have tried adding "repeat until success" at various places in the code, but
the result is a timeout in some other part of the code.

Ideas?

Sverre

PS The scanner and the laptop works under Windows 2000.