Subject: Re: wi driver issues (still)
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@ojctech.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/29/2002 21:03:02
On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 01:16:03PM -0800, Michael Graff wrote:
> > Are you still seeing device timeouts?
>
> No, once I got interrupts properly working on this box with various
> fixup issues, all works well.  ACPI seems to have made the most
> progress.  Sound even works, as do all the PCI devices.

*snip snip*

> The laptop has the lucent card.

  Hmm. Please send me the kernel's entire dmesg output.

> > Packet captures taken on a wire are not as useful to me as "on-air"
> > captures. What I would prefer are captures taken on the sending wireless
> > interface and on the receiving wireless interface.
>
> As I said, they were identical.  I did the traces from a linux box
> listening to the air, and it returned the same packet as the wire.  I
> can easily give traces from the wire, not so from the air.

  Are the traces identical-identical, or are they identical modulo the
  AP's repeats? Do you never see the AP's repeats?

  The place where I would like for you to "tap" the air is directly
  beside the AP, where you should see a packet sent to the AP as well as
  the repeated packet. I want to see a trace that demonstrates garbage
  going into the AP and garbage coming out again, reason being that I
  want to eliminate your AP from the equation.

  Sorry to be so demanding, but putting you to a little trouble could
  save me a lot of trouble.

Dave

dyoung@ojctech.com      Engineering from the Right Brain
                        Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933