Subject: Re: i386 MP kernel compile error
To: Joe Reed <>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/26/2002 23:26:27
Sorry, I committed my local tree test change by mistake. I fixed it
by now. Rev. 1.3 of src/sys/coda/files.coda is the fixed version; if
that change is not yet available from cvs, you can fix the issue
manually by changing the line in files.coda from:

file	dev/vcoda.c			vcoda		needs-count

file	coda/coda_psdev.c		vcoda		needs-count

Joe Reed wrote:
> hi all,
> when i `cd /usr/src && ./ -k MYKERN`  i get the following error:
> nbmake: don't know how to make /usr/src/sys/dev/vcoda.c  Stop.
> nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/MYKERN
> i cvs update -PAd this morning and all appeared to go well.
> i've attached my kernel config file.  it's just a combination of the
> i'm running 1.6I (i386) built on oct 1.
> any ideas on what's wrong?
> `find /usr/src | vcoda.c`  returns nothing and
> `find /usr/src -name MAKEFILE | xargs grep vcoda` only returned Makefiles
> withing sys/arch/i386/compile/MYKERN/
> --joe

Jaromir Dolecek <>