Subject: Re: webcam/digital camera question
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/26/2002 17:07:19
--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 08:48:38AM +1100, Daniel Carosone wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 04:37:50PM -0500, Sean Davis wrote:
> > STMicroelectronics USB Dual-mode Camera, class 255/0, rev 1.10/0.00, ad=
dr 3, uhub0 port 2 not configured
>=20
> STMicro seem to produce a number of devices that are "hard" to use.
>=20
> For example, their usb modems are really usb "winmodems".  You may
> be in for a hard time.

Yeah. I just played with it on the Windows ME box - it acts like a scanner,=
 not
a camera, just, I suppose, a scanner that gives multiple images at once. An=
d the
resolution on this model is *crap* even in hi-res mode (I think it's < 0.5
megapixel :P)

So, I think I'm going to save myself the effort of writing a driver for it,=
 and
buy at some point a real digital camera.

Any recommendations for cameras with decent res known to work in NetBSD?

--=20
/~\ The ASCII
/ \ Email!

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1