Subject: webcam/digital camera question
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/26/2002 15:54:47
--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

I have recently been given a digital camera/webcam combo thingy. For refere=
nce,
it is the "Cool-I Cam", and the model number looks to be CIC-50. It uses a =
USB
interface, and can be used as both a digital camera or a webcam (the USB ca=
ble
detaches and it takes batteries). I'm assuming it's USB 1.x compatible sinc=
e it
does not anywhere specify that it needs 2.0. My question is, and the assump=
tions
herein are made based on what I've read on the lists: What do I need in my
kernel? I have, as far as USB goes:
usb0            at uhci0
uhub0           at usb0
uhidev*         at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?
ums*            at uhidev? reportid ?
wsmouse*        at ums? mux 0

I assume I need umass, and wd* at umass?, right? (this is assuming this cam=
era
operates like the cameras I have seen others post about)

Any input is appreciated.

-Sean

--=20
/~\ The ASCII