Subject: Re: proposed change to src/etc/Makefile
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/23/2002 17:57:49
On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 03:54:24AM +1100, Luke Mewburn wrote:
  | On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 05:01:13PM +0000, David Laight wrote:
  |   | It would also be easier if the logged filenames were relative
  |   | to DESTDIR rather than being absolute.
  |
  | Yes, I know.  I've been considering fixing this.  It would also remove
  | the need for a bit of sed (et al) in distrib/sets/maketars...

I've committed a change to perform this.  You'll need an up to date
install(8) and mtree(8) in TOOLDIR to use this.  You'll probably want
to delete DESTDIR as well, just to be safe.

As part of that change, I sped up the "parsing metalog" operation of
maketars, from ~ 30 seconds to 1 second on my P3-600, which will
speed up the "maketars" and "installsets" targets in distrib/sets.

Luke.