Subject: Re: NFS hangups
To: Julio Merino <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/22/2002 14:46:43
On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 11:31:07AM +0100, Julio Merino wrote:
> All the packages plus symlinks were copied into the remote
> NFS directory. But when I try to do "ls /ftp/pub/packages/darkstar/All" the
> command gets stalled.

So, you did not untar again, but just tried the ls command on the directory
straight away the 2nd time? Does it fail every time now?

If so, can you send me:
	* the NFS parameters you are using to mount the filesystem on
	  the client
	* the output of ls when run on the server
	* the output of "tcpdump -s 1024 -vv port 2049 and host $client"
	  ..on the server while running the command?
	* see what 'ps l' shows for the ls process on the client (or just
	  plain 'ps' from the ddb prompt).

Also, what kind of machine are the client and server?

> I wonder if this can be caused by NEW_BUFQ_STRATEGY. I will rebuild a kernel
> without it later and try again.

That option has no effect no the NFS client code.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                    fvdl@wasabisystems.com
Quality NetBSD Development, Support & Service.   http://www.wasabisystems.com/