Subject: Re: Removing /sys [was Re: proposed change to src/etc/Makefile]
To: David Laight <>
From: John Franklin <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/19/2002 14:09:41
On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 04:11:06PM +0000, David Laight wrote:
> > /stand is where standalone programs go ... just because we don't
> > have any installed there at the moment does not mean we should
> > delete the directory.
> Actually doesn't /netbsd belong in /stand ?

If we're mucking around with the default layout, could we add a /kernels
directory, place the GENERIC kernel in there as /kernels/GENERIC or as
/kernels/GENERIC-1.6K and then ln /kenels/GENERIC /netbsd during

We could debate an install target for kernel building as well.

John Franklin
ICBM: 3543'56"N 7853'27"W