Subject: Re: Removing /sys [was Re: proposed change to src/etc/Makefile]
To: NetBSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/19/2002 09:46:59
So specifically what is the benefit of removing /sys /altroot and /stand?

Vanity?

Yeah, I use them too.  Why not /mnt too then?  There's nothing from a clean
install in there either.

Why not ask if you want them as part of the installer on all platforms?
Maybe the question could be something like:

  Do you anticipate using this instance of NetBSD as a tool for you to do
fun, useful and magical things?  [if they answer 'no' then remove them.]

Thanks,

peter