Subject: Re: How to build X source?
To: Bryan P <u4@terran.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@menta.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/18/2002 21:11:14
On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:55:57 -0800 (PST)
Bryan P <u4@terran.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've built -current src a number of times, but never xsrc.  It appears that
> I simply check it out, set DESTDIR and RELEASEDIR and run "make release"
> (so I can have .tgz's).  However, there does not seem to be a way to run
> this build as a non-root user.  Is this correct?  Just want to make sure I
> am not going to do anything that is going to scribble over my disk.

You can do it as a regular user, but you need to give the user who will build
it full access to the sources, destdir and releasedir... I have just added
some targets to sysutils/sysbuild to simplify this process ;)

HTH

--
Julio Merino (http://jmmv.dyndns.org/) <jmmv@menta.net>