Subject: Re: UVM/other problems for desktop users in current?
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Patterson <Ross.Patterson@CatchFS.Com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/18/2002 13:09:27
On Wednesday 18 December 2002 12:04 pm, Greywolf wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Peter Seebach wrote:
> # Hmm.  I have DEBUG and DIAGNOSTIC compiled in.  Perhaps they're more
> # expensive than I thought?
>
> #options DIAGNOSTIC
> #options DEBUG
>
> I have them commented out...

There was a change to arch/i386/config/GENERIC back in April that changed the
description of DIAGNOSTIC from "cheap kernel consistency checks" to "xpensive
kernel consistency checks".  Judging by the context, it looks like a
recognition of the actual state of affairs, not a change that *made* it
expensive.  Kudos to fvdl for updating the comment to reflect reality!
--
Ross A. Patterson
CatchFIRE Systems, Inc.