Subject: Re: Any point to cvs using rsh? (was Re: Anoncvs pointer)
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: None <cgd@broadcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/13/2002 09:03:20
At Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:22:01 +0000 (UTC), "Perry E. Metzger" wrote:
> I know of a couple of people still using rsh, but only a couple. I
> cannot recall the last time I used it myself, and I'm hardly the only
> person in that position.

Uh, then why not do the right thing, and convince the maintainers of
CVS to take back such a change?

Why should we be different than the standard software?  Difference to
be better-for-you is still difference... and there do exist some
people who find consistency w/ standard tools behaviour desirable.

I don't see why we should have _any_ modifications to the actual CVS
sources in the NetBSD source tree, at all.

I maintain a personal copy of 'cvs' based on the master sources with
some mods, because ... yes, that's right, I've made some changes which
were better-for-me (and, of course, I think better in the absolute),
but which were rejected for inclusion in the master CVS sources.

Does that mean that i should get NetBSD to put them into the NetBSD
source tree?

cgd