Subject: Re: libc/db/hash problem
To: Juergen Hannken-Illjes <hannken@eis.cs.tu-bs.de>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/2002 12:42:56
On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Juergen Hannken-Illjes wrote:

# > Curiously (bear with my lack of education), what would be the effect
# > of increasing the bucket size?  Would this break things in a horrible
# > way, or a horribly subtle way, or would it destroy compatibility,
# > or is this something that will eventually need to be addressed anyway?
#
# This would be a DEcrease. Currently MAX_BSIZE is 65536 (2^16).

That wasn't my question.  Please re-read it. :)

"What would be the effect of increasing MAX_BSIZE (implying that the data
sizes for the hash bucket would also be increased)?"

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: the devil finds work for idle cycles.