Subject: Re: newfs can't make filesystems over 1TB in size
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/2002 11:19:17
--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

Hello,

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 10:37:32PM -0800, Chuck Yerkes wrote:
> Is there a gentle way to fork the hooks in the kernel that
> use large file systems and keep the old one for those of
> us who don't want to live on the cutting edge?
>=20
> I'm really happy keeping my file systems really, really stable
> and changes should be for those on scrap systems?
>=20
> Perhaps:
> #ifdef READYTODIE_FS
> #else
> 	old stuff here
> #endif

as for the filesystems: we already support multiple filesystems in the
kernel.

As for disk labelling, the interface is not so flexible. Maybe this would
be the right time to implement wedges (making sure they can hold at least=
=20
2^64 bytes if not blocks of information per entity), and modules to read
the current disk label formats into them?

Regards,
	Ignatios
--=20
seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/