Subject: Re: groff/-current build problems
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Ito <jeffi@rcn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/2002 18:39:34
> I've been doing DESTDIR=/ builds of -current for ... since I started using
> NetBSD, certainly long before build.sh and src/tools existed to make the
> process more foolproof.  And this is the first time that "build.sh" has
> screwed the process up, and it's a pretty minor screwup.  What's disturbing
> is that people seem to think the solution is to de-support DESTDIR=/ builds,
> rather than to figure out what caused build.sh to build things in the wrong
> order (which I am still not sure is the case, because build.sh did *NOT* fail
> for me in this way when I changed the crt* files).

(Yes, I use DESTDIR=/ and up until this past issue I'd never experienced
problems in doing so)
Well, this may or not have been part of the cause.  But never the less, the
time this groff (crt*) problem occured, was the build attempt, immediately
following a build that failed on (I forget which portion of code but) a
ttydefaults.h error.

Of course, again, wether it is related, or not, remains to been seen.