Subject: Freezes on NetBSD-1.6_STABLE
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/2002 16:22:14
I'm seeing a freeze on NetBSD-1.6_STABLE everytime I try to run
"mencoder", usually after it runs for about an hour. With
ddb.onpanic=0, everything freezes and then reboots. It tried it with a
kernel built with "options DIAGNOSTIC", and leaving ddb.onpanic set to
"1"; it still freezes, but it doesn't reboot, and I couldn't get into
the debugger from X, either. I did leave a window with "top" open, and
at the point it froze, no swap was being used, and "mencoder" was
using %84 of the cpu, with only ~10mb resident.

Computer is K6-2 450Mz, 192mb RAM, one 120gb and one 80gb hard drive,
all partitions using softdeps. I did recently upgrade a 20gb drive to
a 120gb, but it seems otherwise as stable as before -- only "mencoder"
causes the problem.

Any ideas?

Frederick