Subject: Re: wi0 timeouts
To: Peter Seebach <>
From: Michael Graff <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/04/2002 20:31:15
> When did these start?  This is the exact opposite of symptoms I'm
> seeing, but if it started around the same time, maybe that tells us
> something.
> I suspect it'd also be useful to know whether it happens on more than
> one card; my problems are reproducible on two different cards.

Both of mine are lucent, and both time out.  Just to make certain I
also tried a wired card in the pcmcia slot, and it worked fine.

It started perhaps a few months ago.  I think the problem is related
to something that mycroft pointed out once on icb -- the wi driver
processes N interrupts, then exits the processing loop.

The value is 10 in the stock source.  I upped that to 100, and things
for a lot better.  I'm considering removing the loop limit entirely to
see what happens, or setting it really, really high.

- --Michael

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (NetBSD)
Comment: See for my keys