Subject: Re: ymessenger-0.99.19-1 and Linux emulation
To: Sverre Froyen <sverre@viewmark.com>
From: Nick Hudson <skrll@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/04/2002 20:28:56
On Wednesday 04 December 2002 19:55, Sverre Froyen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get ymessenger running.  After installing the Linux versi=
on
> from Yahoo, ymessenger-0.99.19-1.i386.rpm, I get the following error:
>
> /usr/pkg/emul/linux/opt/ymessenger/bin/ymessenger.bin: error while load=
ing
> shared libraries: /lib/libm.so.0: undefined symbol: __infinity
>
> Does this indicate a problem with the Linux emulation, or am I missing =
> step somewhere?
>
> I'm running current as of a few days ago.

What is happening here is that the linux dynamic linker looks for things =
in=20
/lib and then /usr/lib. What the emulation stuff does is interpret /usr a=
s=20
/emul/linux/lib and then /lib. We've move some libraries from /usr/lib to=
=20
/lib in NetBSD and so these will now be found before the linux versions. =
libm=20
being on of these.

Nnick