Subject: Re: Driver support for Intel 82546EB GigE PCI controller ?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Patterson <Ross.Patterson@CatchFS.Com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/26/2002 14:57:43
On Monday 21 October 2002 07:45 pm, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 04:37:35PM -0700, David Francheski wrote:
>  > Does netBSD provide driver support for the Intel 82546EB GigE PCI
>  > controller?
>
> In NetBSD-current, the "wm" driver supports this controller.  I can't
> remember if I pulled the changes into the 1.6-branch or not, but I will
> do so if they're not there already.

The pull-up to 1.6 happened on 8 November 2002.  Now I have to ask, how has
experience been with this driver?  I've got a vendor spec'ing a SuperMicro
P4DPE-G2 motherboard and Intel's PRO/1000 MT dual-port adapters, both of
which use the 82546EB chips.  The diffs atop 1.6 look pretty straightforward,
and I'm not interested in being on the -current bleeding edge for these
systems, so I'm looking at a 1.6_RELEASE + patches configuration here.
--
Ross A. Patterson
CatchFIRE Systems, Inc.