Subject: mic input turned on
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Lars Nordlund <lars.nordlund@hem.utfors.se>
List: current-users
Date: 11/23/2002 23:38:08
Hi

I have noticed that mplayer, ogg123 and mikmod turns on the mic input.
mpg123 does not it seems. I started looking through the mplayer/libao
source trying to find a cure. Later I noticed that waking the monitor
from it's DPMS sleep also turns on the mic input? Is this the expected
behaviour?

From dmesg:
emuxki0 at pci0 dev 8 function 0: Creative Labs SBLive! EMU 10000 (audio multimedia, revision 0x08)
emuxki0: interrupting at irq 11
emuxki0: TriTech TR28602 codec; no 3D stereo
audio0 at emuxki0: full duplex, mmap, independent

I think it would be good if the mixerctl settings was left as they are
by most programs. But I wonder if this is the fault of the programs or
if there are some differences in the device driver compared to other
BSDs?

	/Lars

--
Blood flows down one leg and up the other.