Subject: Re: Build process and tunable vars, on we go.
To: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/2002 08:51:05
On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Martin Weber wrote:

# Yes, sure you won't find openssl/something.h, I said MKCRYPTO=no ...
# *sigh* Fine, going to rebuild without MKCRYPTO setting now (although
# it's nothing but a waste of space on my laptop, going to delete the
# libs/programs by hand afterwards). It's frustrating to read about
# tunable vars in src/BUILDING just to find out that you better don't
# touch them if you _really_ want to build NetBSD.

The problem exists that some variables are of the defined/undefined
toggle, while others are of the yes/no toggle.

What this means is that in all cases, VAR=yes will do what you expect,
while VAR=no will mean "yes" in some cases and "no" in others.

This should be addressed.  Pick one.

...and it would be A Nice Thing to have a sample mk.conf in, probably,
/usr/share/examples/make/mk.conf.

# -Martin

				--*greywolf;
--