Subject: Re: build.sh -m vax fail, miniroot full
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/2002 16:23:45
On Tue 19 Nov 2002 at 09:39:26 +1100, Luke Mewburn wrote:
> Also, IIRC, alpha->vax cross builds didn't generate a working release,
> which is why for NetBSD 1.6 we migrated the vax build back off Matt's
> CS20 (alpha) to the dual i386 build box.  (This is probably unrelated
> to your specific problem, but may bite you anyway).

I built i386->vax and it would not boot (boot.fs as boot disk image on
simh-vax, which worked with an older boot.fs I had around). I'm not sure
if that is a cross-build problem or not.

When booting the image, I fell back into simh due to a HALT (I think). I
compared my new boot.fs with the old one, and at least the initial 8
kilobytes or so were identical.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@       -- Woe betide the one who feels
\X/ polderland.nl  -- remorse without sin - Tom Poes, "Het boze oog", 4444.