Subject: Re: seperate CPU load views?
To: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/20/2002 15:32:20
Charlie Allom wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to see the seperate loads on the two procs I have on
> this GENERIC.MPDEBUG machine?

The load average values are generated from a global queue, not a per-cpu
queue.  The user/nice/system/idle counts are kept per-cpu but only
easily accessable as a total value.  It's just a SMOP (in the kernel) to
get these as per-cpu figures if we are really interested in doing this.

> PS. what are some cool tricks I can play to see both of them at work?
> I went out and bought this little dual proc machine to play it against
> my others to see the code grow ..

Which your box doing things ~twice as fast doesn't count?  :-)

Simon.
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/