Subject: Re: Problems with sh ?
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/2002 11:54:27
> Has Someone idea of which it can be the reason of these mistakes?

Probably user error - user has dug a hole and fallen into it :-)

A few questions:
1) What is 'sh' on your system.
2) What is in .profile, .shrc (and any other files the shell might
   execute on startup)
3) do the commands work if you run them by hand?
4) try adding 'set -x;' to the start of the command in the makefile
   - should output the line before the shell executes it.

> make: "/usr/pkgsrc/misc/colorls/../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk" line 275: warning:
> Couldn't read shell's output for "PKG_DBDIR=/var/db/pkg /usr/sbin/pkg_info -V
> 2>/dev/null || echo 20010302"
> [: 20020402: unexpected operator

The last message would be generated by '[ x 20020402 ]' I'd guess that
the date is the output of pkg_info -V so something is adding splurious
'[]' to the command line.

How many things have you tried to add colour to?

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk