Subject: Re: IPv6 mtu or pmtu-discovery problem?
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 11/16/2002 13:35:47
On Sat 16 Nov 2002 at 11:21:02 +0900, itojun@iijlab.net wrote:
> 	as far as i know, there's no bug in PMTUD code (it works fine in my
> 	environment).  i can think of the following reasons:
> 	- if there's any router which filters ICMPv6 packet between you and
> 	  ftp.netbsd.org, you can experience the problem as described above.
> 	- if there's pair of routers that have tunnel between them, and with
> 	  MTU configuration is different, you may experience the problem.
> 	  i have confirmed that you have some problem if you establish tunnel
> 	  between juniper (MTU = infinty) and KAME (1280).  if you set juniper's
> 	  MTU to 1280, it works just fine.

Thanks. I did another experiment: I tried it from my provider's shell
account, and from there it works. This points to a misconfiguration on
their part, which should be relatively easy to resolve (at least easier
than if the problem were further away).

> itojun
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@       -- Woe betide the one who feels
\X/ polderland.nl  -- remorse without sin - Tom Poes, "Het boze oog", 4444.