Subject: Re: why remove my backups? (Fwd: nanook daily insecurity output for Thu Nov 14 03:15:01 EST 2002)
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/14/2002 12:50:22
On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 12:45:08AM -0500, Andrew Brown wrote:
> >why would my machine have removed my backups of my disklabels? The RCS
> >files are still there, I understand - I am curious in the internal
> >workings here ..
> it has "removed" them from the list of things it checks every night
> because you have apparently deconfigured your ccd.

No, that's not it - I had the same thing happen to me last night, except that
the backup disklabels for my two hard disks were removed.

The only thing I can think of that might cause this is that I updated to a
1.6K kernel yesterday, and this has the changes to the disk stats. I wonder
if this is causing disklabel to fail? I get several messages in the daily log
about iostat failing.

Ian.