Subject: Re: media selection trouble with 3c980C-TXM
To: Dublet <dublet@dublet.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd-current-users@quatriemek.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/10/2002 11:45:18
Le Sun, 10 Nov 2002 11:35:16 +0100
Dublet a écrit :
> Attached is my pure config.
> I have this suspicion that I should enable
> exphy*  at mii? phy ?                   # 3Com internal PHYs

Chances are that ukphy* might work too. Both ones would be ok.

> but, my 3c900B-TPO in the same machine doesn't give out the phy not
> configured error:
>
> ex0 at pci0 dev 11 function 0: 3Com 3c900B-TPO Ethernet (rev. 0x4)
> ex0: interrupting at irq 10
> ex0: MAC address yy:yy:yy:yy:yy:yy
> ex0: 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, default 10baseT

Well, older cards don't have PHYs. That's how it is, I don't know a lot
much about NICs... I guess MII was a standard introduced at one point, and
then vendors started making the interface available.

cube

--
That's how I did it, Anton. I never saved anything
for the swim back.