Subject: -current macppc panic
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Sarkes <jsarkes@tiac.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/09/2002 09:02:42
I have a G4 system that dies when trying to boot -current

For a good while I thought it was a kernel issue, but it seems that
the panic is occuring during the rc scripts in network startup.

Is there a flag to set to get verbose shell commands during
the rc startup to see exactly what command is causing the panic?

If need be, I will instrument the rc scripts, but... if there is an
easy way,
let me know. I will also post my rc.conf if that would help pinpoint the
problem.

I set up a new partition to place -current in from a day ago, and just
grabbed my fstab and rc.conf files from the working system from around
october 10. Personally, I think there MUST be a bug somewhere, if a
panic ensues vice an error message.

Thanks for listening...

Joseph Sarkes
jsarkes@tiac.net