Subject: Re: cardbus/pcmcia/phy problem
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 11/07/2002 15:36:13

> I don't remember searching the phy address space when I
> wrote a driver for all the Xircom cards.  Just enough
> to turn off FDX (to save having to detect it) and to
> help differenciate between the RE-10 an RE-100 (which
> have the same cis but are internally rather different!).

Some brain cells just fired :-)

IIRC one of the 2 documents that have been available from
Xircom for these cards mentions a 'compatibility' mode
on the phy interface - I think to allow some nasty driver
hacks required for the earlier 10M only chipset card to
continue to work.

I can't remember the exact details though, and the info
might be in the document we signed an NDA for, rather
than the one that was downloaded from the web site.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk