Subject: Re: recent kernel changes seem to have broken mozilla
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/2002 18:21:36
On Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:18:36 +0000
David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk> wrote:

Hi,

> Some recent kernel change (probably between 30th October and
> 4th November) seems to have stopped mozilla sending out any
> connect requests (i386 almost GENERIC).

Just a me-too message to confirm this. Yesterday I upgraded my box from
1.6J to 1.6K, and phoenix 0.4 has stopped working. I always get a
conection refused message. I'm running GENERIC-MP on this box.

> This is almost certainly something to do with ip6 addresses,
> but it always used to work.  I don't think my DNS server returns
> IPv6 addresses.

I have IPv6 enabled in this box, and my dns server returns AAAA values.

> The kernel config hasn't changed, and the old kernel works
> with the current userspace.
>
> Does anyine know what got broken, before I boot the old kernel
> and start digging.

I'm not sure yet, but Linux' Opera works fine, I'd bet it's some change
in the IPv6 code as you've mentioned. I'll try to investigate further
and post the results on this list.

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net