Subject: Re: /rescue
To: Luke Mewbburn , <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/04/2002 07:23:23
I don't know.  See
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2002/11/03/0011.html and tell
me what it means.  (I had to manually type that, so in case it's wrong,
the key sentence was "Many of the programs in /rescue lack features of
their counterparts in /bin and /sbin (things are left out IN ORDER TO MAKE
THEM SMALLER)." (My emphasis).)

Now, if that sentence (in particular, the emphaszed part) was bogus, then
I'm happy.  If not, then I repeat that I'm distressed to hear that the
size of the binaries in /rescue was an issue.  IMHO, they should not be
gratuitiously dysfunctional.

Please note that that is *not* a complaint from someone about increased
usage of / space.