Subject: Re: Lost wi(4) connections in -current?
To: None <dyoung@pobox.com>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/03/2002 13:57:42
In message <20021103042439.C22295@che.onthejob.net>, David Young writes:
>Do you know at which revision to sys/dev/ic/wi.c and crew the problems
>began?

Unfortunately, no... "about a month or two ago", I think... but I haven't
been able to verify it, partially because the old machine was only sometimes
on wireless.

>If you add "options WI_DEBUG" and "options IEEE80211_DEBUG" to your
>kernel, then you can turn on debug messages by writing 1 (or 2, for more
>messages) to each of wi_debug and ieee80211_debug. I use the 'write'
>command in ddb to do this. During the pauses, abnormal behavior might
>stand out in the debug messages.

There don't seem to be any "pauses" - it's just that, suddenly,
during a connection, the connection will instantly close; it doesn't
time out, it closes within milliseconds of the last successful
packet.  Other connections that weren't so heavily loaded, such as
ssh windows, are unaffected.

I can't reproduce this for the next week or so - it only happens on my home
LAN, and I'm about 1200 miles from it right now.

-s