Subject: Re: cbb interrupt problem with tyan-mpx
To: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
From: Jolan Luff <jolan@encryptedemail.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/2002 23:49:15
On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 06:41:28PM -0800, john heasley wrote:
> mind wielding your clue x 4 again?

I'm not so good with i386 hardware voodoo.  You might want to try
the acpi code too (I called it apic code, sorry about that). Something like:

acpi*   at mainbus?

acpiec* at acpi?
acpilid* at acpi?
acpibut* at acpi?
acpiacad* at acpi?

I had similar issues with cbb/wi0 devices on VIA KT266A & KT333
chipsets but couldn't find a solution.  In my case, I'm pretty sure
it boils down to a need for specific fix-up code for my chipset,
like what is currently around for older VIA chipsets.  I can't
muster an educated guess for what issues need to be addressed to
solve the problems you're having.  You might want to experiment a
bit more and then send mail to port-i386@ since it is a platform
specific issue.

If you have the opportunity to do so, you might want to try a test
installation of FreeBSD to see if it works properly.  In my case,
things work 100% with FreeBSD but I couldn't find out why.  There
didn't seem to be any specific code for my chipset.

- Jolan