Subject: Re: Translated manual pages
To: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@pultek.co.jp>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/28/2002 17:49:52
--gDGSpKKIBgtShtf+

hi,

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 01:07:42AM +0900, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
>=20
> Is it good to have translated (localized) manual pages in the base?

from my personal experience localized manual pages are usually terribly
out of date.  the idea is nice but it takes lots of time and people must
follow the changes in original documents quickly otherwise it loses
accuracy and sense, after all.

the right question would be:

 do we have enough manpower to maintain localized manual pages?

Note: i am not against localized manual pages.  i just prefer up to date
      english manual pages than outdated localized manual pages which fail
      to serve their purpose.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=