Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6I first impressions
To: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2002.snew.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/28/2002 09:15:30
Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2002.snew.com> writes:
> Quoting Lars Nordlund (lars.nordlund@hem.utfors.se):
> > Hello
> >
> > Excuse my ignorance, but I am new to NetBSD-current.
> >

> > A week ago I switched my main computer from freebsd-stable to
> > NetBSD-current. I have noticed the following things:
>
> FreeBSD-current is kinda random as to what works which week.
> try NetBSD-stable or 1.6 instead.

Eh, I'll note that although it is probably bad to actively encourage
people to use NetBSD-current, most of the developers (including
myself) actually do eat our own dogfood and run -current. One of the
reasons we tend to have high quality is that it is rare that there is
a bug on -current that we aren't all feeling pretty intensely.

That said, I'd encourage production users to use the 1.6 branch unless
they're willing to be very active in following NetBSD development.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com