Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6I first impressions
To: Chuck Yerkes <>
From: Perry E. Metzger <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/28/2002 09:15:30
Chuck Yerkes <> writes:
> Quoting Lars Nordlund (
> > Hello
> >
> > Excuse my ignorance, but I am new to NetBSD-current.
> >

> > A week ago I switched my main computer from freebsd-stable to
> > NetBSD-current. I have noticed the following things:
> FreeBSD-current is kinda random as to what works which week.
> try NetBSD-stable or 1.6 instead.

Eh, I'll note that although it is probably bad to actively encourage
people to use NetBSD-current, most of the developers (including
myself) actually do eat our own dogfood and run -current. One of the
reasons we tend to have high quality is that it is rare that there is
a bug on -current that we aren't all feeling pretty intensely.

That said, I'd encourage production users to use the 1.6 branch unless
they're willing to be very active in following NetBSD development.

Perry E. Metzger