Subject: Re: crtend.o : how to find the Holy Graal ?
To: Jason R Thorpe <>
From: Johnny C. Lam <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/24/2002 13:29:25
On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 12:42:07PM -0700, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 09:31:49PM +0200, Anders Mundt Due wrote:
>  > Hmm.. It would appear that it's "vim" in my case, that NEEDED crtend.o ..
>  >
>  > $ objdump -p /usr/pkg/bin/vim
> Right, so the problem is that when vim is linked at build-time, it's
> getting incorrect options passed to the compiler/linker, causing the bogus
> crtend.o NEEDED entry.

The following is from a log of the vim-gtk build that I requested one user
to send to me.  I've spaced it out and trimmed the redundant options.  I
didn't detect anything odd about the options passed to the compiler.

	-o vim
	[many .o files]
	-lgtk -lgdk -lgmodule -lglib -lintl
	-lXi -lXext -lm -lXt -lintl -lcurses