Subject: Re: gnu tar and cpio have been replaced with pax-based versions
To: Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/17/2002 20:52:17
[ On Thursday, October 17, 2002 at 17:55:54 (-0500), Eric Gillespie wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: gnu tar and cpio have been replaced with pax-based versions
>
> Have you tried getting these features included?  They are
> certainly useful.

I don't know if I've mentioned all those particular changes "in public"
before or not, though the '-v' change to pkg_create is included in
PR#13699.

> Getting back to the problem i described, i take it you are not
> experiencing it?  Is anyone else?

I'm not yet using the pax and pkg_install versions from -current.  I'm
still using my own locally hacked versions.  From what I've seen of the
fixes Christos has made to pax though I have no reason to believe it
would be failing in the way you're seeing.

One things that I haven't been able to see yet (due to the delays before
changes filter through to the rsync server) are the changes to
pkg_install so don't know they work yet.

--
								Greg A. Woods