Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc/distrib/utils/mksunbootcd
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/11/2002 04:14:46
On Mar 3,  6:42am, Martin Husemann wrote:
} On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 02:41:18AM -0700, John Nemeth wrote:
}
} > It would be
} > interesting to try putting the sparc64 code in a different partition
} > and supply a matching .slicemap (or a .cdtoc) as somebody else had
} > mentioned.  If that works, it may solve the conflict with sun3x.
}
} I made a CD with only a (ISO) and b (sparc64 bootfs) and put a proper
} slicemap into a.
}
} It booted just fine when using "boot cdrom:b", but "boot cdrom" still tried
} to boot from cdrom:f.

     I guess that answers that question.  Now what about the .cdtoc
that I've seen mentioned (of course, I don't know anything about the
format of it).

}-- End of excerpt from Martin Husemann