Subject: Out of control JVM
To: None <>
From: M. Breza <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/10/2002 15:54:54
I don't seem to be able to get a Java virtual machine to work on 1.6 I have
tried both the sun-jdk14 and the blackdown-jdk13 from the packages. In both
cases when I use java ( I was trying to install JXTA ) the program crashes.

I check top, and it shows a process named java  which over the space of
about two minutes takes up all the CPU cycles and then just freezes. I try
to kill the java process with kill pid , but it just ignores me.

Given that I have had the same problem with two different JVM's I think that
there must be some problem with the way I have the operating system

Has anybody else had this problem? I'm a NetBSD newbie, so I've not done any
configuration to the system. Is there something simple I'm missing here?

thanks in advance, Mike Breza