Subject: Re: CVS commit: basesrc/distrib/utils/mksunbootcd
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/10/2002 15:34:30
On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 09:44:13PM -0700, John Nemeth wrote:
  | On Jan 25,  4:32pm, Luke Mewburn wrote:
  | }
  | } Module Name:	basesrc
  | } Committed By:	lukem
  | } Date:		Thu Oct 10 01:25:04 UTC 2002
  | }
  | } Modified Files:
  | } 	basesrc/distrib/utils/mksunbootcd: mksunbootcd.1
  | }
  | } Log Message:
  | } some clarifications & roff cleanups  (yes, there's a problem with .Oo .. .Oc).
  | } sparc64 does NOT appear to need a slicemap, so comment out that entire
  | } section.
  |
  |      If you don't use a slicemap, then what do you do to make a
  | bootable sparc64 CD (I did use one when I made my sparc64 bootable
  | CD)?

As far as we've been able to tell, the UltraSPARC PROM doesn't use the
.slicemap file.  When you do "boot cdrom" on an UltraSPARC it just
tries "boot cdrom:f" by default.  Or at least, as far as the people
who tested the images that I built have found anyway, because my test
images did not have a .slicemap file...