Subject: Re: CVSUP via
To: None <>
From: Christopher Richards <richards+netbsd@CS.Princeton.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 10/09/2002 20:27:31
Klaus Heinz <> writes:

[snip explanation of RCS keyword expansion]

Correct.  However,

> It doesn't seem to be a problem of the CVSup server, which only hands
> out what it gets. The off-by-one errors appear on a checkout from a CVS
> repository, either local or over the net.

I think we're talking past each other.  In both cases -- CVSup and
anoncvs -- the server, whether it be cvsupd, or cvs in server mode,
needs to be told about non-standard tags.  Plain cvs uses a
'CVSROOT/config' file, as you mentioned.  Similarly, cvsupd uses a
'CVSROOT/options' file.  If both of these files are in place and
contain the line 'tag=NetBSD', then checkouts will contain correctly
expanded revisions regardless of transport (remote / local) or tool
(cvs / cvsup).

> > So far, to my knowledge, only is correctly
> > configured.
> Nope:
>   $ pwd
>   /tmp/cvsup/NetBSD/CVSs/
>   $ head -1 memalloc.c
>   /*      $NetBSD: memalloc.c,v 1.24 2002/10/04 13:15:51 christos Exp $    */

On the other hand, I have been using to update my
/usr/src directory for months now, and all my files have the correct
RCSId's.  I'm using the netbsd-1-6 branch, so I can't offer my
memalloc.c for comparison.  However,

    $ head -1 /usr/src/games/rogue/save.c
    /*      $NetBSD: save.c,v 2002/10/01 23:45:35 lukem Exp $      */

This revision is consistent with the revision in the repository
as reported by

> > For more information, see PR misc/15797 and the thread starting at
> > <>.
> Thanks for the pointer but maybe

Good idea, thanks.