Subject: Re: Is the current ide driver/cdrecord dead?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Anderson <brucea@shell.spacestar.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/09/2002 00:25:47
On Tue, Oct 8, 2002 1:09 PM, Hisashi T Fujinaka <mailto:htodd@twofifty.com>
wrote:
>I've just succeeded in making 10 consecutive coasters with my current
>system with a Yamaha 4416 CD burner and Imation blanks. I think it might
>be drive/media problems, but I can't be sure. It locks my system up at
>times, and mostly just locks up the drive.
>
>Should I keep assuming it's just my problem?

Don't use dev=/dev/cd0[cd]
use what cdrecord -scanbus reports for your device.

" Stamp out root logins .  .  .  . su "   --Bruce Anderson
 This message was created and sent using Cyberdog 2.0, MacOS 8.6,
 awk, sendmail, sh and NetBSD a free Multi-Platform OS.
 NetBSD runs on  44 different system architectures featuring 16
 distinct families of CPUs.   http://www.netbsd.org/