Subject: cross-build script
To: current-users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/07/2002 22:05:59
 From a few days ago:

> Charlie Allom and I have collaborated on a script that does
> cross-platform builds of NetBSD.  It can be configured to do multiple
> platforms but currently it handles mac68k, macppc, sparc, and i386.
> The output is an iso image that can be burned to a CD that is bootable
> on i386, sparc and macppc.  On NewWorld Macs the "C" snag key even
> works for booting the CD.  The script can be run in a cron job and can
> be configured to do a CVS update as part of the build.
>
> The script is still Work-in-Progress so there may be some glitches,
> although it has been working for us.  (I'm using it on a 1.5.2 system
> to build -current snapshots.)  If anyone is interested in trying it
> out it can be found at:
>
>     ftp://murphy.dyndns.org/pub/cross_build
>
> Comments and suggestions for improvement are welcome.

I posted this a few days ago and a number of people have tried it out.
The original script was working with an older version of mkisofs and
used the hfsutils package.  The latest version of mkisofs has some
features that cause some conficts in the script.  The newest version of
the script fixes those incompatibilities, eliminates the need for
hfsutils and cleans up a few other minor things.

Enjoy,
-bob