Subject: Re: CryptoGraphic Disk.
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/07/2002 10:32:10
On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:

> hi,
>
> On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 10:24:56AM -0700, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> > > maybe this could be the right time to rename vnconfig to vndconfig
> > > in -current too?
> >
> > Hard links are cheep. We should add one.
>
> wouldn't it be better to rename it to vndconfig and make hardlink named
> vnconfig instead if we go this way?  it sounds more reasonable for me.

??

How is making vnconfig and adding a hard link from vndconfig to vnconfig
different from making vndconfig and hardlinking vnconfig to it, in the
final install?

The one main difference would be that we don't rename the build directory
(in source), so we maintain CVS history for the progrmam.

Take care,

Bill